An electrician has a risk of being exposed to multiple hazards. It is because their work involves direct contact with electricity. The part of the body which is most likely to be exposed is their hands. These parts must be protected from the hazards of the electronic machines.
The safest strategy for electricians while working is to wear gloves. These gloves are specially designed for electricians. There are different types of electrician gloves. Each type of glove is made according to the size, standard, and intensity of the work.
One thing that should be kept in mind while selecting electrician gloves is that the gloves must be fit for the electrician’s hands. Most of the time electrician gloves tend to lose their texture. Some gloves are not weather resistant and they can rust as well. It is also seen that if not used for some time these gloves might lose their resistance to the current. The grip of the gloves should be perfect. When dealing with small cables and wires the gloves should provide flexibility. Best electrician gloves have puncture resistance as well. Electrician gloves must provide shock prevention. They should be insulated as well.
Electrician gloves also protect from high and low voltage. It depends on the activities of the electrician. There are some gloves which are used for winters. It must be hard to find the one you need according to your work demands. We have made this decision easier for you. In this article, we will tell you about the best electricians’ gloves. These gloves are perfect for the electricians and they are tested multiple times for different work.
Large Hybrid OTC 3991-12 Gloves
If an electrician is working on a vehicle with high voltage, large hybrid safety gloves must be an important part of his equipment. These gloves provide the first line of defense against any potential hazard when in contact with high voltage machinery. These gloves have all the award-winning characteristics in comparison to other gloves. They have a leather covering on the outer surface. This covering protects the hands from energized sources. These gloves will increase the productivity of the electrician.
The weight of this item is 14.4 ounces. It has been rated as the best electrician gloves by many technicians.
- These gloves provide excellent safety and quality while working with heavy vehicles.
- The leather outer covering provides insulation.
- These gloves are tested by multiple standards and work efficiently in all circumstances.
- It has a unique finger and palm grip. This provides durability and resistance when the electrician is pulling a cable or a wire.
- The area of the thumb has a reinforced base which helps in holding and protecting the hand.
- The spandex material used makes it easy to provide air.
- The rubber covering should be tested again after every six months, if not these gloves might not work properly and can cause injury.
Yellow Lineman Klein Tool Work Gloves
These gloves come in large sizes. The inner material is made up of soft leather while the outer covering has a second layer of leather coated on it. The second layer is covering the finger and palm area as well. The thickness of the leather is 4 inches. These gloves have an additional feature of neoprene cuffs as well. The knuckles of these gloves are double padded. These gloves are made in America. A Klein lineman logo is also present on the anterior side of the gloves. Klein is famous for making the world’s finest tools. These gloves weigh 3.2 ounces.
- These gloves are made up of 5% spandex, 85% leather, and 5% neoprene. This combination makes them the best insulators
- The 4-inch leather provides resistance and protects the electrician.
- Neoprene cuffs in these gloves have side vents. These side vents make it easy for the technician to work comfortably. These cuffs also stop sweat production.
- The knuckles are double padded and cannot be damaged by external factors.
- These gloves cannot work with touchscreens.
- With time they can stretch easily and lose the grip
Black Rubber Voltage Glove kit With Leather Protectors
National safety gloves are made up of highly insulating rubber. These gloves can protect 1000 to 1500 volts. The rubber used in these gloves is type 1. They are available in different sizes ranging from 8 to 12. This insulating kit has a pair of newly tested insulating gloves, leather protectors, and a glove bag for storage. When ordering these gloves you have to make sure the size of your hand. If you have a size in between medium and large, you should order large sizes.
These gloves protect you from electric shock and other hazards e:g flash arc hazards. These gloves should be cleaned properly. The material used in them is rubber so these gloves should be kept in slightly warm water and soap. If you are not using them, put them in the protective bag. You have to remember to not fold them or they will get stretched. These gloves should not be stored in areas with extreme temperatures. They should not be placed directly under the sunlight
- These gloves are flexible.
- These gloves are easy to work with.
- Suitable for all the jobs demanding a class 0 protection.
- These gloves are tested already.
- They have improved protection and can be used for any job.
- If folded with these they can be stretched and lose their specialties.
- These gloves can be damaged by extreme weather conditions.
- These cannot be used on touchscreens.
Lineman Rubber Waterproof Protective Work Gloves
These gloves are the best insulation gloves. They have high-quality natural rubber. Their weight is 250g. These gloves have a thickness of 1.0mm and a length of 14 inches. The dimensions of these gloves are the best fit for the hand size. These gloves are considered to be the fittest for all of the electric work. These gloves have the shape of the contour which helps in the smooth fitness of the hand. It also reduces the chances of hand fatigue.
If these gloves are damaged don’t use them. This can cause an injury. After every 6 months retest your gloves again and make sure that they are working properly. To get the maximum results and to avoid accidents make sure that your sleeves are inside the gloves.
- These gloves have the best fitting on your hands.
- Hand fatigue and tiredness are not a problem while wearing these gloves because they are comfortable and up to the mark.
- The natural rubber used for their making has super dielectric properties.
- Rubber insulation increases the flexibility and comfort of the gloves.
- These gloves are tested several times and provide the best defense against electricity.
- These gloves have the natural smell of rubber. It can be strong for some people.
- These gloves cannot be used on touchscreens.
You May Also Like:
Magid Class Electrical Gloves
These gloves are made by one of the finest rubber latex. They are known to be the best insulation providing electrician gloves. The rubber latex provides these gloves the best dielectric properties. This in result adds to the comfort and physical strength of the gloves. Magid class gloves are now coming in ultra-thin rears as well, which is increasing the durability and longevity of the product. These gloves can be used in both high and low voltage dealing applications. The rubber latex is tested and cleared for Class 00, 0, 1, and 2 appliances.
When working with an electrical commodity there are multiple hazards. If not equipped properly an electrician can be injured badly. Electrical waves are the strongest and can lead to severe injuries and burns. To wear proper protection must be a priority for the workers. Magid Gloves make sure the safety of workplaces.
- These gloves can provide the best cut protection
- It provides a strong leather protection
- For high visibility, these gloves are available in multiple colors
- These gloves have a wide range of sizes and shapes, you can select whatever comforts you.
- It comes with a smooth finish
- If not used for a long time, it can get rusted.
- These gloves cannot be used on touchscreens.
- If folded they can lose their properties.
This article listed one of the best electrical gloves used for the protection of the electricians while working. Electrical gloves have a wide range of sizes, qualities, and specifications. To choose the one that suits you the most, it is important to know the circumstances of your palm and fingers. The demand and criteria of your work also suggest what gloves you should be using. Ranging from providing insulation for low voltage to high voltage there are multiple choices for you. One important factor that should be kept in mind is that the glove you are getting is weather-friendly. The best ones provide the ultimate insulation and work perfectly even in extreme weather.