Got yourself a knee pad but it did not work out for you? Don’t worry, here is a knee pad buying guide that will make you capable of buying just the right fit for you.
When looking for the perfect knee pad there are a few factors that play a role. It can be frustrating if you keep striking out with a wrong knee pad or get confused about which is better for you.
Here is a detailed guide that will guide you through the judging criteria and help you become capable enough to find the right match for you.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A KNEE PAD?
There are a lot of different factors that help you need to keep in mind when getting a knee pad. This knee pad buying guide will discuss all of them in detail so you can feel confident the next time you get your pair of knee support.
THE PERFECT FITTING
A knee pad that is number one of the market list but can be useless if doesn’t fit you. There is, after all, a definite level of fitting that is required to avail the knee support. What size should you get then?
- The size of the trousers that you normally wear. This gives you a rough estimate of the grip that you will be requiring. Whether you wear it over the trousers or underneath will also matter so that the knee pad and the trouser can complement each other.
- The knee pad should also have a great grip. The knee pads that keep moving about don’t do their jobs properly. They can also lead to some serious damage. To ensure maximum protection, make sure that the knee pad stays in place.
- The design also makes an enormous difference as to how the knee pad fits your leg. A good design assures grip, stability, and high protection.
If there is a stretch on the trousers, make sure you move the kneepad around to fix the position. When buying new trousers, kneel and check it aligns with the knee pad.
KNEE PADS FOR THE KIND OF WORK YOU DO
Do your knee pads keep going flat on you? Does it seem to do no work at all? It is probably because of the knee pad that you are using – it is not the fit for you. How can someone effectively put a light-weight kneepad in use if they spend their days laying floors on their knees?
The kind of work you do helps you decide the kind of kneepads that you need so it can fit into your routine easily. You could be someone who constantly puts your knee under stress or someone who occasionally but definitely puts their knee under stress. This knee pad buying guide will now discuss how the kind of work you do correlates to the kind of knee pad that you need.
- If you are someone who faces occasional knee stress, then you are good to go with a light kneepad. While working otherwise a light kneepad will not hinder your movements, but when you do face knee stress or kneel down it will offer you some protection.
- If you are someone who kneels more often but not constantly, then you can use an all-rounder knee pad. This will offer you protection when you apply stress on your knee joint but it is not made for heavy usage. These are very easy to wear all day and doesn’t bother you while working.
- If you tend to work your knee joint extensively, and for a long period of time then you need heavy-duty knee pads. These are very efficient in dealing with the instant impact that is applied to the knee due to extensive usage.
- If you are someone who works by staying on your knees like a floor layer, then you need a knee pad with a great grip so that it stays in place. These knee pads are used for long time stress but are not adapted to handle the instant impact. While on the ground they will guard your knees heavily.
Your daily routine, your lifestyle and even so much as dressing choice matters when it comes to your knees. The design of the knee pad plays a major role in helping the knee pad transitioning into your life. Moreover, it is the design of the knee pad that decides the impact, level of protection, and the comfort that the knee pad has to offer.
- Shape: the sign of a good knee pad is that not only is it covered around the knee in the center but also bend slightly from the side and latches onto the side firmly.
- Security: security is the main purpose of a knee pad, make sure that the one you get can be secured with proper latches.
- Flexibility: whether you work heavily on your knee or occasionally, flexibility is crucial to the level of comfort that you will feel through your working hours.
- Shock Absorption: different knee pads offer different kinds of shock absorption. For example, a heavy-duty knee pad is made to be used frequent impacts while a lightweight is not.
- Durability: durability is relative to the use. If you wear a lightweight knee pad while extracting heavy duty from your knee joint, it will wear out soon. Get a knee pad that offers durability as per your needs.
OVER TO YOU NOW!
Now you are educated about all aspects of getting a knee pad through this knee pad buying guide. If you want best knee pads for work, we also recently wrote an amazing article on this, you should definitely check. You are now able to make an informed and educated decision for your knee. You will either make a decision you are satisfied with, or you will know exactly what went wrong and fix it. Ultimately you will find the perfect fit for your knee.
You will no longer feel like roaming in the dark, lost, confused or frustrated with the performance of your knee pads. Taking care of your knee has now been made simple and easy.